Lemon Ring Cake

This weekend I intended a dinner party and brought this Lemon Ring Cake, made using Bette Hagman's recipe from The Gluten-Free Gourmet Makes Dessert (page 75). I followed the recipe exactly using her GF flour mix, walnuts and a bundt cake pan. The batter was easy to put together and came out beautifully.

The cake went over well with the guests and was nearly gone by the end of the night. The texture was perfectly cakey and the flavor nicely lemon. Don't skip the glaze. It makes the cake super-delicious, tangy and sweet at the edges! I think I baked it a couple minutes too long because it was slightly dry. I baked 37 to 38 minutes but probably would have been fine with 35 minutes. It's beautiful, easy and I'll definitely make it again.

2 comments:

  1. I have lemon lust and this is the perfect remedy. Thank you! Love the blog!

    ReplyDelete